My name is Alison.
I suspect you are here because you have received some devastating news, have just gone through heartbreak, or you have a friend or family member that is experiencing a painful time. In the past 5 years my husband, son and I have lost 4 children. I have been blessed, found some amazing resources and experienced pain, anxiety, grief, depression jealousy and a lot of other unpleasant emotions and thoughts. I hope through my experiences you will be encouraged and together we will continue to heal and find our new “normal.”
- I have one son who is 9 years old, and 4 children who reside in heaven.
- They were born into heaven, 2 at 12 weeks (miscarriage) and 2 at 20 weeks (stillbirth).
- We have never found reasons for these losses.
- I have been married for 17 years.
- I am a dedicated mom to 2 spoiled dachshunds; Samson and Delilah.
- I LOVE to laugh!
- I am choosing to try to find healing and joy again!
- I am always trying the latest new fad diet in the hopes of losing a few (many) pounds. :0)
- I try to live my life as a follower of Jesus.
- I have found a renewed hope, meaning and peace through connecting to Jesus and focusing on his promises through Bible Art Journaling.
It is very hard to memorialize a lives that only I have physically experienced. It hurts because my babies lives imprints on this world has been very small but on their family hearts the imprint is very big. These miscarriage and stillbirth experiences have impacted my family greatly and changed our outlook on life, relationships and daily living tremendously.
Although I grieve for our children and my son his brothers and sisters, I do not grieve with out hope. I grieve the experiences we have lost; the first steps, the weddings, the birthdays, laughter, tears and everyday mundane life. I ultimately grieve, that I don’t get to be an earthly mother, but, I am so GLAD, I have an eternal family waiting on me!!